Our Agencies Are Certified
How do I know I’m getting the best home care agency and caregiver?
The home care industry is not highly regulated like medical professions. You really can’t know without doing extensive research. That’s where we come in. We certify every member agency so you can rest easy.
CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE:
Why is Trusted Hands NetworkSM agency certification important?
There are many agencies we would not trust to take care of our loved ones.
In fact, we deny agencies every week. Our certification means that:
Caregivers are trained professionals.
- We’ve all heard stories of caregivers who engaged in criminal activity, even physically hurting their clients. Requiring member agencies to do criminal background checks on their caregivers minimizes this risk.
- If a caregiver is hurt on your property you won’t be sued and risk losing your home.
- In the remote chance a valuable in your home is broken or stolen, you’ll be reimbursed.*
- If your caregiver isn’t available for any reason, a substitute is found immediately with no disruption of service.
- Caregivers’ professionalism and caring helps ensure that you can be comfortable with them and won’t feel awkward.
- We don’t work with “direct hires.” By requiring agencies to have caregivers that are employees we ensure that they have the proper training and management procedures in addition to insurance to protect you.
- Home Care is unlicensed in many states so Trusted Hands created best in industry standards to assess agencies across states and ensure we are dealing with solid, reputable businesses we would want to take care of our loved ones.
- Requiring a clean legal record indicates the agency conducts itself properly and won’t cheat you.
- Requiring a clean criminal record helps to ensure you are working with an agency you can trust.
- A brand new agency may not be operationally sound; a financially troubled agency could disappear, leaving you hanging.
- Ongoing quality checks ensure member agencies remain in good standing.
*Subject to dollar limits by each agency. In certain cases broken items may not be covered.